The Old Republic is New Carlisle’s premier historic landmark. Built in 1860, the Italianate style home was originally built for the Jeremiah Service family. The house fell into major disrepair and sat vacant for nearly thirty years before being saved and rehabilitated by Historic New Carlisle, Inc. The house has great potential for many uses including a turnkey bed and breakfast and special event center. Other uses include a restaurant, office, or private home.
The 5,000 square foot home is beautifully decorated with original hardwood floors, 12-foot ceilings decorated with crown molding and ceiling medallions, marble fireplace mantels, transom windows above doors and windows, gorgeous front entry staircase, as well as period wallpaper and light fixtures. The house has a front and back parlor, library, dining room, kitchen, two bathrooms, and the original summer kitchen on the first floor. The second floor features five beautifully appointed bedrooms, four with half-baths and one full-size bathroom.
Perched on a hill encompassing 3.7 acres, the Old Republic welcomes visitors at the east gateway to this historic community. The house is located in beautiful New Carlisle located on the original Michigan Road and Lincoln Highway.
Hallmark Real Estate